Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nothing Will Stand In His Way!



Moms gasp.....look in horror.....judge immediately. I laugh and think to myself "That's my Boy"! Carter climbs with the big kids. He shows no fear. He goes down the big slides with the big boys. He crawls across the boucing bridge and when he gets stuck he tries harder until he gets there. All the time I stand and watch him struggle and succeed time and time again and it is the hardest thing I have to do. When I see him loosing his balance or his grip I want to run and catch him and help him finish his task, but something tells me to let him be a boy and fall and get back up again. So I do. So to all the mothers who gasp in horror and think I am an unattentive mother and I let my disabled son fall, I've got news for you......HE IS NOT DISABLED!!!! Nothing will stand in his way!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome KelliAnn - that's the best thing for him and you are absolutely doing the right thing. He will grow confident and strong and knowing he can succeed at anything. Let the others gasp and stare because in the end, he will be fine! Good job kiddo.
Suzy

sweetpeas said...

This is an email I got from a friend at the bank.

Ps I love your blog I read it all the time when you send out emails. I love your last post. That you let Carter do for himself. So hard anyways but harder I would imagine. You’re doing the right thing. What a strong boy he is. He is not disabled-there will be no obstacles for him in life!

Jessica said...

I don't believe in the word disabled. No two people do one thing alike. Just like babies, some crawl, some scoot, and some slide. It's all the same. The task gets completed and pride is felt. That's what matters most.