Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Merrimack River

Earlier in the week we went to the Merrimack River down by Arms Park to ride bikes. We ended up rock climbing right in the river. I was amazed at how daring the boys were. They had little or no fear while jumping from rock to rock. I had plenty of fear for everyone. We sat on the rocks for a while with our feet in the water. We met a father and son who were kayaking. The kids had a blast watching them flip their kayaks. While playing in the water Carter came upon a turtle. I leaned over with him looking at this turtle thinking what a cool find. Just then Mike said, "that is a snapping turtle"! Holy Crap I grabbed Carter so quick! Mike picked up the turtle by it's tail for the boys to see. He was pretty big and definately not happy we picked him up. We spent quite a bit of time watching him play in the water and hide under rocks. The best was when he would poke his head out of the water for some air. The boys were fascinated. When it was time to leave the boys cried that they wanted to stay. I think 2 hours on the rocks was enough for me. We topped off this fun day with ice cream cones. Enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! I would have been freaking out, they were so close to the water! See, you're more daring then I am sometimes too!

Stephanie said...

That looks like it was sooo much fun! The boys look great.