Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes We All Need a Gentle Nudge

Today a dear friend asked me to re-share my blog url...I was embarassed to say I had not blogged in several months! As I opened my blog tonight I realized several months was really 2 YEARS! I started this blog as an outlet after Carter was born. I found myself needing some "Dear Diary" moments and my blog was the perfect solution. After I started blogging I found it to be so therapudic I never wanted to stop...but clearly I did! I have so many amazing things to blog about but I think I shall start with a quick update. Then I can really get back into blogging and share some more detailed stories of our amazing life as the Meads! The 1st big change in our life is our new HOME! About a year ago we moved into our home in the north end of Manchester, after a long year of renovations. We have a cute little ranch on almost an acre of land with a great tree house in the woods for the boys! The best part of our house is that it is OURS! We are not completely settled but we have forever for that! When we bought the house it needed major work. So we gutted it and started over! The best renovation was making it handicap accessible for Carter. We opened up the livingroom and kitchen area and added an elevator! Yes, an elevator! Here is our Home!
Chase is now 8 and Carter is 6! If you know how to freeze time let me know! I never want my family to change, I wish I could live in this moment FOREVER! Both boys are attending Smyth Road School, Chase is in 3rd grade and Carter 1st! WOW, it is still hard to believe how much they have grown! I will save more detailed updates on the boys for more blogging. Don't worry I won't wait 2 years again! Here is an updated picture of the boys on the 1st day of school!
As for Mike and I, we just celebrated 12 years together! We love life and our family time together. Over the past couple of years our family has really become involved with Easter Seals. We enjoy raising money and awareness for Easter Seals. I have done a lot of public speaking for ES and shared our story with others. Our family begins a 2 year term as the Easter Seals Rep Family in November of 2012! This is such an honor and will bring us many great memories with our Easter Seals Family! We have already started to attend events and I promise to blog about them! Here is a photo of us at a recent ES event. In future blogs I will try to post some videos of our family being interviewed for ES in front of 600 people!!! I will say this, Chase made everyone laugh during our interview, as he always does!
There are so many new and exciting journeys coming our way and so many we already experienced and I can't wait to blog about them all! Stay tuned for blogs including Chase's big trip to California, Carter's new prosthetics and Easter Seals adventures and fun family photos from our 1st year in our HOME! Sometimes we all need a gentle nudge to do the things in our life that make us feel better. Im thankful for the person in my life who gave me this nudge, always shows his love for my family and always inspires me to be the very BEST person I can be! Thank You and I dedicated this blog to YOU a very special friend!

No comments: