Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Let me unload a little.......

March 2nd Carter will be undergoing his 2nd surgery at Children's Hospital Boston. Dr. Bae will be removing his nubin thumb on his little arm and separating his webbed finger on his right hand. Dr. Bae plans to use the skin from his nubin thumb for the skin graft to complete the finger. If there is not enough skin they will take the skin from his groin, ouch!

This is a very simple procedure and should go extremely well. We will probably be in the hospital for the weekend.

I'm very prepared for this surgery since I have already been through it but I can not help but be scared. I guess it must be natural to feel that way. Mike seems to be handling this surgery better than the 1st, I guess we both are.

My mom is taking Chase Thursday and Friday night. Chase is looking forward to it so much. I hope that they will have lots of fun. I hope that Chase will look back on Carter's surgery and remember the people who took care of him during this time. When Carter has his amputation -Chase stayed with Shirley. He always loved to stay with his Nona.......God I miss her........

Speaking of Mom....I picked up her ashes today. I can not help help feeling the finality of her death. Life just isn't meant to be lived without your mother.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Kelli. I can't pretend to understand what you are going through. I would be just as anxious, nervous and scared as you are. I will be sending prayers and good thoughts to Carter and asking God to guide Dr. Baes hand so that the surgery will go smoothly and there will be no complications.

My heart aches for you and Mike on the loss of his mom. I wish I had the chance to get to know her better. I am glad I was able to meet her. She's always with you and will be standing by Carter during the surgery.

Anonymous said...

no kel, life isnt meant to lived without your mother. so i guess you can understand my pain. and then double it. it's harder when she's only a couple of blocks away. love you and always will. xx00