Thursday, March 22, 2007

4 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

In just 4 days Carter gets his cast off and we will finally see his new looking hand. Im almost more anxious about this than I was the amputation. This is probably due to the fact that the hand surgery is going to give him more ability. The amputation was more sad for me than exciting. I keep having dreams about Carter's hand.

Im also just plain excited to get rid of the SMELLY cast!

Im sure everyone will be grateful not to bet beat up by his cast including Chase!

Although we have had many rough days of no sleep and frustration - Carter has done exceptionally well. He adjusts so well to anything we throw at him. I think this will be a life long quality for him.

The other night I handed him a fork with eggs on it and he held it between his little arm and his cast. I was dumfounded that even with no hands right now he was able to feed himself. Today he was using his little leg to push a car across the floor. He is just amazing how he uses all his limbs to do everything, and lets not forget he uses his mouth too!

Maggie, our OT, just left and she was so happy to see how well he is doing. We can not believe how far he has come since before his amputation. When she 1st met Carter he could not sit up now we can not keep him down!!

He is starting to stand up without holding onto anything. He even tried to stand up when he wasn't wearing his leg. Again, I was shocked and I shouldn't be! Im sure he will continue to shock me throughout his life.

Did I mention 4 days to go? Could I BE any more EXCITED!!!!

No comments: