Saturday, March 3, 2007

WE'RE HOME!


One night in the hospital and that's all Carter needed. Today when he woke up from a rough night Carter was ready to go. Just a little of juice and a little food and he was back to his normal self. The cast is not holding him back at all. Crawling & playing are not even hard for him with no hands. Literally - he has no hands right now. Check out the picture. His entire right arm and hand are in a cast, a very bulky cast, and his little arm has stiches and a bandage, but he is not letting it change the things he does.


Tonight he actually used his nose to help him play with a toy!!! He used his nose....I still can not believe my eyes!!!


I wish Shirley was here to see how wonderfully amazing her boy is. I really felt a strong connection with her in the past few days. Maybe the connection is stronger since I picked up her ashes. When we walked in the hospital room there was a picture of hot air balloons on the wall. I instantly knew Mom was watching us. Years ago, Mom collected hot air balloons and before she passed away Mrs. Pickett gave her a hot air balloon ride. I cried on the way home I missed her so bad.


OKay enough of that - tears come easy on little sleep.


Chase was so happy to see me when I got home from the hospital. Carter was happy to see Chase and to be home. It was a nice night until the dreaded BEDTIME. We had to tag team them to get them to sleep. Mike took Carter into our room and I laid down with Chase in his bed. Finally about 15 minutes ago they were both completely down. I guess it could have been worse considering the past couple of days that they have had.


OH YEAH DID I MENTION......While Carter and I were in the hospital Chase got the stomach bug. It started with Mary worked it's way to Mike then to Chase Thursday night when he was at Grammy's. POOR GRAMMY!!!! Even my Dad got it. Let's hope Carter and I skipped this round. Let's all knock on some wood please.


I guess it is time for Mommy to get nsome sleep. Yeah right that's a joke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah! poor grammy with the weak stomach!

Jessica said...

Kelli - I did call Karen. I am waiting for her to call me back. I know you called yesterday and I'm sorry I missed your call. I will call you today as soon as Wes's therapy is over.