Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Gram

My Gram passed away on October 6th at 4 am. It was very hard on everyone in our family. Saying good-bye to someone you love is never easy.

The 8 days at the Hospice House with my Gram gave me a lot of time to soul search. My Gram said a lot of things to me in those 8 days and I guess you can say it changed my life. Sharing such intimate moments with my Gram moved me to make a decision about myself that I have been thinking about for years, since I was a little girl.

October 30th I start school to be an LNA. I made the decision before my Gram passed and she was absolutely thrilled. I promised her I would go to school for my LNA and then in the future get my LPN and maybe even RN. My experience at the Hospice House changed my life and I hope that I can help change others lives by becoming a LNA.

For every door that is closed another is opened! Thanks Gram, I will always love you.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Thats a fabulous idea Kelli. I'm so gald you made that decision. Isn't it funny the curve balls life throws us? Sometimes it's the hard things that throws life into perspective (such as our kids).

Anonymous said...

correction: oct 6 at 4 am.

sweetpeas said...

Thank You Mother!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU